Top Ten: How To Know You’re Too Young to Be Married
Fact: I’m nineteen.
Fact: At least four of my friends that I can think of that are or under nineteen have either been engaged or married within the last two years.
Top Ten Ways You Know You’re Too Young To Be Married
- Your entire bridal party is still in high school.
Statistic: 59 percent of marriages for women under the age of 18 end in divorce within 15 years. The divorce rate drops to 36 percent for those married at age 20 or older. ” M.D. Bramlett and W.D. Mosher
- When your senior pictures are done in the same year as your bridal photos.
- Your first time living away from your parents is with your spouse.
- When your wedding hair is the same exact one you did for prom.
- Your bridesmaids’ dresses are their recycled homecoming gowns.
- When your bachelor party is mini golfing because no one is old enough for a strip club.
Statistic: 60 percent of marriages for couples between the ages of 20 and 25 end in divorce. ” National Center for Health Statistics
- Disneyland seems like the best place for your honeymoon.
- You met in pre-algebra and now are in freshman orientation together.
Statistic: 88 percent of American men and women between the ages of 20 and 29 believe that they have a soul mate who is waiting for them. ” University Wire, Louisiana State University
- Your wedding announcement matches your little brother’s birthday party invitations.
- Your wedding dress is a Twilight replica. Your nail polish is Hunger Games themed and your eyelashes look like Katy Perry’s.